Hello Hans,

On 3/12/13 22:08 , Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 12/03/13 11:28, Edwin Groothuis - FreeBSD wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am the proud owner of a Huawei K4606 3G USB dongle and guess... It
>> doesn't work. In the past I managed to get the E220 and E169 working, so
>> I thought that this would be possible to.
>> Boy was I wrong :-(
> Try to google for existing quirks using the VID and PID values.
> Maybe the quirk is not the right one.

I did that before I bought it, because I thought "if it works on Linux,
we can get it working on FreeBSD" :-)

At http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1005
they said:

-- 8< --
The modeswitch file also works for the Vodafone K4606 modem ("USB
Extreme 3G+" in Australia).

The default product code is 12d1:1f19, the target product code is 12d1:1578
-- 8< --

I don't understand the "target product code" concept yet.

Does that ring a bell for you?