On 01/03/14 09:03, O. Hartmann wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:23:32 +0100
Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no> wrote:

The device gets recognized as /dev/video0 so far (using module
cuse4bsd/webcamd).

Trying the suggested test from SANE via issuing "scanimage -L" does not
reveal the mutual video device as described like "v4l:/dev/video0". The
scanner is seen on a Linux Ubuntu box as such a device, but I had no
further chance for testing, whether the scanner works on that
particular system.

webcamd obviously recognises the scanning device as a video device. But
how can I introduce the device to SANE or even GIMP?

Are there further patches for the device driver necessary?

Might be you need to add some flags to compile V4L support into sane.