Hi Johannes,

Can you make a properly formatted patch when this feature is tested and works?

--HPS

On 01/13/14 10:03, Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
On 13.01.2014 03:28, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
Hi

I've been playing around getting GPS working with my GTM661W and the
uhso driver.

The ports are defined in uhso.c but in the method
uhso_probe_iface_auto
the GPS and GPSCTL ports are not in the switch(port) case. Is there a
reason for this?

The only reason is that I didn't have a modem with a GPS port to test with
when I wrote it, so I never added it since I didn't know if anything else
was needed to get it working.

I tried simply adding like this

823 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_MODEM:
824 return (UHSO_IFACE_SPEC(UHSO_IF_BULK,
825 UHSO_PORT_SERIAL, port));
826 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_MSD:

823 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_GPS:
 824 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_GPSCTL:
825 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_MODEM:
826 return (UHSO_IFACE_SPEC(UHSO_IF_BULK,
827 UHSO_PORT_SERIAL, port));
828 case UHSO_PORT_TYPE_MSD:

Sorry for the manual patch. I can send a patch file later if needed.
 I don't have an antenna at the moment so I can't confirm that the
data is accurate
but I'm getting output similar to what I expect in the GPS port and I
can control it via the GPSCTL port.

If you get GPS data and are able to use the port, then just add it :)

Fredrik