On Tue, 3/4/14, Velcro Leaf <velcrol...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:13 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no>
> wrote:
>> Are any of the USB devices you have bought so-called "USB certified", carry
>> a USB logo and are registered by usb.org?
> Any suggestions for buying one these things to use? Anyone have an experience
> with one they can recommend?

Although, I suppose the more important question is...even if something is "USB
certified", is it REALLY going to work?

Just because it SHOULD work, WOULD it work?  If all certified means is that I
theoretically could win a prolonged debate with either FreeBSD contributors or
the drive manufacturer, then it hardly matters.  Being right on the Internet is
worth less than nothing.

I just want to buy half a dozen self-powered USB drives and have them work with
multiple architectures (i386 and amd64) using the same recent, stable version
of FreeBSD.  Any advice to help me accomplish this goal?