On 04/20/14 12:54, Wes Morgan wrote:
I've got an ADATA 128gb USB3 flash drive (
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211819) that is
giving me LBA errors. It appears that the drive is being mis-identified and
reporting the wrong number of sectors. Camcontrol says the last block
is 246960127, which I believe to be correct because any attempt to write to
a block after that fails. However, the kernel thinks that the device
has 247484416 sectors and pretty much everything fails to use the device
properly because partition tables and filesystems like to store things at
the end of devices. This is the second one of these I've had and both have
the same error. My laptop is fairly old and USB2 only, but I've got some
newer machines with USB3 ports and they have the same problem. Attaching
the drive to a Linux machine reports the correct number of blocks.

All my FreeBSD machines are running 10-stable.

Camcontrol output:
[morganw@mercury:~$]: camcontrol readcap da0
Last Block: 246960127, Block Length: 512 bytes

Does the device have a bad disk label ?

gpart show da0

vs

diskinfo da0