On 08/23/14 00:17, Miguel Clara wrote:
I know FreeBSD suppots (at least according to the guide) usb tether, but
some devices when connected via USB are visible as a network interface and
this allows file sharing among other things!

I have a Blackberry 10 device and I'm wondering if this is somehow possible
or if not how hard would it be?

On linux the device is recognize by usbnet driver (
http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/) is there anything like this in freebsd?

More info about the device detection:

dmesg:
ugen0.4: <Research In Motion, Ltd.> at usbus0
umodem0: <Research In Motion, Ltd. RIM Network Device, class 0/0, rev
2.00/2.40, addr 11> on usbus0
umodem0: data interface 0, has no CM over data, has no break
device_attach: umodem0 attach returned 6

Hi,

kldload if_cdce

Also dump the usb configuration using usbdump:

usbdump -d ugenX.Y dump_device_desc dump_curr_config_desc