On 12/23/14 19:26, kott wrote:
Hello -
I am seeing this fault when i plugin a external usb device, and was
wondering if this indicates DMA/Cache coherency problem
-----
_ehci_append_qh: 0xf3dd2300 to 0xf3dc3c00
Kernel page fault with the following non-sleepable locks held:
exclusive sleep mutex ehci0 (usb_def_mtx) r = 0 (0xc73ece74) locked @
sys/dev/usb/usb_transfer.c
exclusive sleep mutex USB device mutex (USB device mutex) r = 0 (0xc73da850)
locked @ /sys/dev/usb/usb_transfer.c

Stopped at      usb_pc_cpu_flush+0xc:   ldr     r2, [r0, #0x018]

Thanks
kott

Hi,

The flush is supposed to call some other functions which write the memory cache to RAM. It should not panic like that. Can you get the complete backtrace. I guess that some memory content might have been lost due to missing or wrong cache sync operations. What is the value of "r0" ?