On quinta-feira, 19 de Março de 2015 08:10:35 WET, Miltiadis Margaronis wrote:
Hi,

In my case it worked as a normal Ethernet CDC device using the second configuration. If you still happen to have this device around, you can try

usbconfig -d ugenX.Y set_config 1

After entering this, I got a normal ueX device which worked for the short time I used it.

Please cc me, I am not subscribed.

HTH,

This is cool, I have "dodocool" around which I wasn't use much more than for a usb SWITCH, but I have an Acer Laptop with wireless only, and I didn't know I could use ue driver for this (I never really tried but its sure nice to know).

The only issue I find is that it seems to topspeed a bit higher then 100Mbps

Client connecting to yoda, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 32.5 KByte (default)
[  3] local 1.1.1.1 port 24383 connected with 1.1.1.2 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   143 MBytes   120 Mbits/sec

Client connecting to yoda, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 1.00 MByte (WARNING: requested 1.00 MByte)
[  3] local 1.1.1.1 port 24424 connected with 1.1.1.2 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   135 MBytes   114 Mbits/sec

I'm assuming this is just because ue is not ready to handle more then that, but it would be nice if it could go close to the 1Gbits.

Not something I would consider priority though as this devices are probably only used as a alternative to main cards, and its far better than what I got with USB Wireless cards do the the fact that there's no 11n support on those,, so I'm happy with this.

Many thanks for sharing the 'usbconfig -d ugenX.Y set_config 1' trick.