On 01/10/16 05:07, Mark Johnston wrote:
Hi,

I have the module listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/KEDSUM%C2%AE-CP2102-Module-Download-Converter/dp/B009T2ZR6W

Under Windows 8 it works perfectly, but on FreeBSD-CURRENT I get:

usb_alloc_device: set address 3 failed (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
ugen1.3: <Unknown> at usbus1 (disconnected)
uhub_reattach_port: could not allocate new device

It looks like this device should be handled by uslcom(4), but it looks
like we can't even get the device descriptor. How can I go about
debugging this?

Hi,

What does "usbconfig" say about your USB controllers?

Did you try to connect through an external USB HUB?

The log you show basically shows that the device is refusing to enumerate.

You can try adding "options USB_REQ_DEBUG" to GENERIC. Then you'll have some more sysctl knobs under hw.usb which allows you to try to figure out timing related issues.

Which version of FreeBSD are you using?