On 08/27/16 20:05, Adam Stylinski wrote:
The only quirk specific code I can find in Linux's kernel for XHCI is this:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c

I believe I have one of the SBxxx AMD chipsets, though I can't recall which
one.  I don't see anything in there referring to my PCI IDs, unless I'm
looking at the wrong outputs in pciconf -lv.  I see one quirk in particular
regarding power management but that seems to be more about stability rather
than speed.  I'm sure I'm missing something.

Hi,

The Linux XHCI has the following quirks for ETRON:

        if (pdev->vendor == PCI_VENDOR_ID_ETRON &&
                        pdev->device == PCI_DEVICE_ID_EJ168) {
                xhci->quirks |= XHCI_RESET_ON_RESUME;
                xhci->quirks |= XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH;
                xhci->quirks |= XHCI_BROKEN_STREAMS;
        }

They don't apply to FreeBSD.

There aren't any BIOS settings to enable/disable USB 3.0?