On 09/28/16 18:08, John Baldwin wrote:
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 11:55:47 AM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 09/28/16 11:31, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
On 09/28/2016 10:32, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
Can you compile your kernel with debugging enabled so that we get the
sourcelines in the dump below. Also please include some parts of the

The kernel is from the yet-to-be-released 11.0-RELEASE installed by
freebsd-update. Now I have extracted kernel-dbg.txz, base-dbg.txz, and
lib32-dbg.txz from the 11.0-RELEAESE distribution, but the backtrace
still looks similar. Do have have to do anything else to use the debug
symbols or do I really have to compile a new kernel?

Hi,

Can you try the attached patch. Does it make any difference?

device_delete_child() will delete devices starting at the leaves, while
USB expects parents to be detached first.

jhb: Any comments?

This is fine, though I feel like we should fix device_delete_child instead
as this has broken several places.  That is, I think device_delete_child
should do the detach first and then delete any dangling grandchildren
after device_detach() of the child.

Hi John,

I'm fine with that. Could you go through the tree and see if there are any places which require the opposite? Or do you want me to handle it?