On 02/08/17 18:18, Jakub Lach wrote:
As of now, I'm rebuilding system with a GENERIC kernel, what
should I do to provide as much as possible useful debug?

I think the problem only manifested itself after I've switched to
much faster internal SSD, that would explain why some mitigate
it by throttling USB speed.

Some suggestions:

1) UMASS has a set of debug knobs under hw.usb.umass.debug

2) Stress test a fresh disk, which you don't have any data on with /usr/src/tools/tools/usbtest to ensure it is 100% compatible with FreeBSD.

3) usbdump can be used to capture the USB traffic and identify failing commands.