Hey Polytropon! :-)

Thanks for ideas! I am at the moment at point where I sniff out the
USB traffic and analyze SCSI packets.. and also I got into SCSI
specification to search for some possibilities.. :-)

I will have to see how Windoze handles ATAPI EJECT, maybe that could
bring some insight on how to umount ejectable media triggered by the
device-eject-button-press..

As for now the device reports CHECK-CONDITION to mark media missing,
then reboots and re-appeares, but that causes "device not cleanly
unmounted" warnings on macOS for instance..

Will report back when I find anything interesting :-)

Best regards! :-)
Tomek