> Am 24.07.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Mike Tancsa <m...@sentex.net>:
>
> On 7/24/2018 2:48 PM, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>> The USB2 ports on the APU are not exposed in the case, and I don’t really
>> feel like trying to drill a hole into the case to try and get the adapter
>> cable out. The only ports available on the case are the two USB3 ports.
>>
>> How could I go about debugging the XHCI driver that apparently has trouble
>> communicating? Is there some more debug bits I can enable?
>

> Not sure about debugging the xhci driver, but if you compile out the
> xhci driver from your kernel, and then after the APU2 has booted load it
> (or leave it unloaded) does the USB device behave as expected on its
> normal external ports ?  I had to do this on an older version of the
> board to work around some timing issues.

Thank you for that suggestion! I’ve compiled and installed MINIMAL, and am
then I’ve had one problematic one out of five more. The one problematic one
looked like it only affected the Huawei modem, though, so it might be something
specific to that device.

The Kingston thumb drive appears to be probed quickly, and I can transfer ~24
MB/s with dd, which seems reasonable for a budget USB2 stick.

I’ll see how stable this is over the next couple of days; hopefully this
workaround will allow me to put the box into production.

If Hans-Petter or anyone else would like me to dig into xhci further, I’m happy
to do that, but I will need some pointers. I could compile the module with
USB_DEBUG and post the output, if that would be helpful, for example.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <s...@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811