I normally use cable not WiFI, I usually use current, my notes:
        http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/android/#adb

PS
It usually works for me, but sometimes fails, last lock was simply
'cos plug had worked loose, so the 2 longer USB power pins still
illuminated the USB hub LED, but 1 or 2 of the 2 shorter data pins
on the USB plug disconnected.  Other times I've had more mysterious
failures, but all I know to check is on my URL above.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich.
 Brexit referendum stole 3,700,000 votes from Brits abroad, inc. 700,000 in EU