Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
Hello,

 It seems that there is no checking for name collisions,
when an interface is claimed from a child vnet.

create ngeth0
lab# ngctl mkpeer eiface ether ether
create test jail
lab# jail -c persist vnet name=test
create nge...@test
lab# jexec test ngctl mkpeer eiface ether ether
claim nge...@test
lab# ifconfig ngeth0 -vnet test
lab# ifconfig ngeth0
ngeth0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether 00:00:00:00:00:00
        ether 00:00:00:00:00:00
lab#

Thanks in advance, Nikos

you are correct (sort of)

The current vnet infrastructure is still under construction
and we have been focusing mostly on the functionality rather
than error handling, so you will find many places where errors
(that are hopefully non fatal) ar enot yet correctly handled.

We are aware of this.  You are of course also welcome to
make suggestions as to what the correct behavior in these
situations should be.

Thank you for trying out our new little toy!
comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Note 8.0 vnet support is for demonstration
purposes only and we do not suggest that it be used in situations
where robust behavior in the face of external or malicios agents
might be a factor. i.e. it's not at all hardened (that may be an understatement).