Huth, Hans-Peter wrote:
Dear all,

this is probably a beginners question:

For my script to set up an emulation using vimage and netgraph, i tried to give
meaningful names to netgraph nodes. I tried:

ngctl -f foo mkpeer eiface ether ether (ignores the -f , creates ngethX?)

witout looking at the code I'm guessing it does the file after the command like args.

ngctl mkpeer eiface foo ether (creates ngethX, not foo)

mkpeer takes 4 arguments. it's better to specify them all than try guess the defaults.

ngctl mkpeer eiface ether ether
ngctl name ngeth0 foo (works, but it's not useful for scripting as i have to
find
out first the name of the freshly created node)

So basically i would like to use one of the first to forms in my script, but
they
don't work as i expected.

Any hints?

This is on FBSD 8.0 RC2

Regards,
Hans-Peter Huth

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
CT IC 2
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (89) 636-43071 Fax: +49 (89) 636-51115 Mobil: +49 (173) 7068763 mailto:hans-peter.h...@siemens.com
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme;
Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe
Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen;
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin
Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322