Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Julian Elischer wrote:

Hi,

Jim Sifferle wrote:
Hi,

I've used ipfw and Dummynet as well as ipfw + DSCP recognition patch and
pf/altq to simulate Internet and MPLS WAN environments for several
years.  All of my setups have run under VMWare, which for many reasons
isn't ideal.  I would like to collapse all of these VMs into one FreeBSD
box using jails and vimages.

Does any FreeBSD branch / vimage release combination support separate pf
AND ipfw configurations per jail?  I need ipfw+pf/altq for HFSC queuing
to simulate the queueing effects of MPLS provider edge and core
routers.

-current (9) should be close, with patches for pf supplied by ceri.

s,ceri,eri,  (Ermal Luçi)

err yeah..

it'd be nice if itcould get committed

Ermal, is it ready?

8 can do separate ipfw  but pf is not changed.
9 has bugs fixed. but I'm not sure if the changes for pf went in..
they do exis tif they are not in already.

No, pf hasn't gone in yet; it lives in user/eri/pf45/ in svn and I am
not sure what the plans are.

Apart from the latest changes 8 and 9 should be pretty much in sync
wrt to VIMAGE I think.

I'm hoping the latest 7.2-STABLE-201001 snapshot will work.  The DSCP
recognition patch for ipfw that I rely on doesn't seem to work with
8.0. If 7.2 won't work for my needs, but 8 or 9-CURRENT will, is anyone aware
of an updated ipfw DSCP patch?  I haven't seen anything on Google or the
freebsd-ipfw mailing list.

what is DSCP?

I guess Differentiated Services CodePoint (if talking MPLS).

/bz