On 4/9/10 11:14 AM, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:58:38PM +0200, Anders Hagman wrote:
Hi

When using dummynet inside a vnet node with a simple pipe the kernel
panic on the first packet.

I use 8.0-STABLE cvsuped at 7 Apr 15:28
The ipfw code with dummynet is largely changed and the patch in the url
below will not work.

Is there a fix in the near future?

Log:
   This commit enables partial operation of dummynet with kernels
   compiled with "options VIMAGE".
   As it is now, there is still a single instance of the pipes,
   and it is only usable from vnet0 (the main instance).
   Trying to use a pipe from a different vimage does not crash
   the system as it did before, but the traffic coming out from
   the pipe goes to the wrong place, and i still need to
   figure out where.

   Support for per-vimage pipes is almost there (just a matter of
   uncommenting the VNET_* definitions for dn_cfg, plus putting into
   the structure the remaining static variables), however i need
   first to figure out how init/uninit work, and also to understand
   where packets are ending up on exit from a pipe.

please read:
http://p4db.freebsd.org/fileLogView.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/vimage/porting_to_vimage.txt

and let me know if you have questions so I can fix the doc.

   In summary: vimage support for dummynet is not complete yet,
   but we are getting there.

Modified:
   head/sys/netinet/ipfw/ip_dn_io.c
   head/sys/netinet/ipfw/ip_dn_private.h