On 16.04.2012 09:08, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

I am trying to run FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso
inside VirtualBox and am having some problems.

The error messages I am getting are similar to the ones mentioned here:

Error message
If I try to mount and then boot it under VirtualBox, I get this error:

   CPU doesn't support long mode

   Consoles: internal video/keyboard
   BIOS drive C: is disk0
   BIOS 639kB/523264kB available memory

   FreeBSD/x86 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
   (r...@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu, Tue Jan  3 06:51:49 UTC 2012)
   Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
Guess BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:
   FATAL: int13_harddisk: function 42. Can't use 64bits lba

Please create a new VM with preset Operating System "BSD" and Version "FreeBSD (64 bit)".

Bernhard Froehlich