Hi all:

I've got a troublesome Win2K8r2 guest on a Virtualbox/FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE
AMD x6 host.

The guest is running headless, with two SATA discs, 2 cpus and 6 gigs of RAM.

Special consideration: I compiled virtualbox using the --disable-hardening
compiler option.

My port options were:

[X] DBUS            D-Bus support
[X] DEBUG           Install debug symbols
[X] GUESTADDITIONS  Build with Guest Additions
[ ] NLS             Native Language Support via gettext
[ ] PULSEAUDIO      Support PulseAudio sound server
[ ] QT4             Build with QT4 Frontend
[X] UDPTUNNEL       Build with UDP tunnel support
[X] VDE             Build with VDE support
[X] VNC             Build with VNC support
[ ] WEBSERVICE      Build Webservice
[ ] X11             X11 support

The host starts up okay, runs for a period of ranging from half an hour to five
hours,
and then invariably crashes with the following error in the log:

00:35:50.612 !!Assertion Failed!!
00:35:50.612 Expression: pTimer->enmClock == TMCLOCK_VIRTUAL_SYNC ? enmState ==
TMTIMERSTATE_ACTIVE : enmState == TMTIMERSTATE_PENDING_SCHEDULE || enmState ==
TMTIMERSTATE_PENDING_STOP_SCHEDULE

Googling doesn't seem to reveal a great deal, and I have not yet done a source
dive to
figure out what's going on. It's especially perplexing given that there is
another
Win2K8r2  VM running flawlessly on the same host (albeit with 1 CPU, 2 gigs of
RAM and
1 SATA disc.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone ever seen anything like
this?

Thanks,
Kamil