Hi Dan,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Dan Mack <m...@macktronics.com> wrote:

>
> I ran the procsystime dtrace script on bhyve when it was chewing up all
> the CPU in vCPU=2 mode, and this is what I see for about 10s of runtime:
>
> root@olive:/usr/share/dtrace/**toolkit # ./procsystime -n bhyve -aT
> Tracing... Hit Ctrl-C to end...
> dtrace: 158536 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 207447 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 189205 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 164341 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 246307 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 187640 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 214771 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> dtrace: 221265 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
> ^C
> dtrace: 243468 dynamic variable drops with non-empty dirty list
>
> Elapsed Times for processes bhyve,
>
>          SYSCALL          TIME (ns)
>         _umtx_op              18349
>           writev             135712
>           preadv           16175267
>          pwritev           22924378
>            ioctl         4353897920
>           TOTAL:         4393151626
>
> CPU Times for processes bhyve,
>
>          SYSCALL          TIME (ns)
>         _umtx_op               8815
>           writev             103145
>          pwritev           10647023
>           preadv           15159976
>            ioctl         3943399889
>           TOTAL:         3969318848
>
> Syscall Counts for processes bhyve,
>
>          SYSCALL              COUNT
>         _umtx_op                 17
>           writev                 43
>          pwritev                639
>           preadv               1183
>            ioctl             652782
>           TOTAL:             654664
>
> Not sure if that helps or not.  Hotkernel shows the cpu in the
> kernel`acpi_cpu_c1  call most of the time, normal ?
>
> Dan
>
> root@olive:/usr/share/dtrace/**toolkit # ./hotkernel
> Sampling... Hit Ctrl-C to end.
> ^C
> FUNCTION                                                COUNT   PCNT
> zfs.ko`space_map_sync                                       1   0.0%
> kernel`syscall_thread_exit                                  1   0.0%
> kernel`should_yield                                         1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`lzjb_compress                                        1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dbuf_rele                                            1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dsl_pool_tempreserve_**space                           1   0.0%
> kernel`_bus_dmamap_load_buffer                              1   0.0%
> kernel`cpu_idleclock                                        1   0.0%
> kernel`_rw_runlock_cookie                                   1   0.0%
> kernel`pmap_enter                                           1   0.0%
> kernel`__lockmgr_args                                       1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`vdev_geom_io_start                                   1   0.0%
> kernel`ahci_ch_intr                                         1   0.0%
> kernel`__rw_rlock                                           1   0.0%
> kernel`VOP_UNLOCK_APV                                       1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`arc_buf_thaw                                         1   0.0%
> kernel`atomic_set_int                                       1   0.0%
> kernel`g_io_schedule_down                                   1   0.0%
> kernel`__mtx_lock_flags                                     1   0.0%
> kernel`_callout_stop_safe                                   1   0.0%
> kernel`sched_idletd                                         1   0.0%
> kernel`_sx_slock                                            1   0.0%
> vmm.ko`lapic_set_intr                                       1   0.0%
> kernel`cpusetobj_ffs                                        1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dbuf_hold                                            1   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_intr_accepted                                 1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`sa_attr_op                                           1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dmu_buf_hold_array_by_**dnode                          1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`taskq_run_safe                                       1   0.0%
> kernel`vm_reserv_free_page                                  1   0.0%
> kernel`_sx_sunlock                                          1   0.0%
> kernel`vn_rlimit_fsize                                      1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`vdev_queue_io_to_issue                               1   0.0%
> kernel`vn_write                                             1   0.0%
> kernel`lock_init                                            1   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmx_resume                                           1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`zio_gang_tree_free                                   1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dbuf_rele_and_unlock                                 1   0.0%
> kernel`mnt_vnode_next_active                                1   0.0%
> kernel`vm_page_remove                                       1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`vdev_queue_deadline_**compare                          1   0.0%
> kernel`zone_free_item                                       1   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmx_launch                                           1   0.0%
> kernel`m_pullup                                             1   0.0%
> kernel`pmap_change_wiring                                   1   0.0%
> kernel`sched_userret                                        1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`dbuf_write_done                                      1   0.0%
> zfs.ko`zio_execute                                          1   0.0%
> kernel`PHYS_TO_VM_PAGE                                      2   0.0%
> zfs.ko`avl_rotation                                         2   0.0%
> kernel`ehci_device_isoc_fs_**enter                            2   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_exitinfo                                          2   0.0%
> zfs.ko`zfs_freebsd_write                                    2   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vcpu_stats                                           2   0.0%
> kernel`atomic_add_long                                      2   0.0%
> vmm.ko`0xffffffff81                                         2   0.0%
> kernel`vm_reserv_alloc_page                                 2   0.0%
> kernel`pagezero                                             2   0.0%
> kernel`bzero                                                2   0.0%
> zfs.ko`fletcher_2_native                                    2   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmx_getreg                                           2   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_guest_msrs                                        3   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmx_setreg                                           3   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_get_register                                      3   0.0%
> kernel`sx_try_xlock_                                        3   0.0%
> kernel`vm_radix_lookup_le                                   3   0.0%
> vmm.ko`lapic_pending_intr                                   4   0.0%
> kernel`syscall_thread_enter                                 4   0.0%
> kernel`cpu_set_syscall_retval                               4   0.0%
> kernel`__mnt_vnode_next_all                                 4   0.0%
> kernel`vfs_stdsync                                          4   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmm_fetch_instruction                                5   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_op_mem_read                                   6   0.0%
> kernel`_sx_xunlock                                          7   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmm_emulate_instruction                              7   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_op_mem_write                                  7   0.0%
> kernel`__mtx_lock_spin_flags                                8   0.0%
> vmm.ko`lapic_timer_tick                                     8   0.0%
> zfs.ko`list_next                                            8   0.0%
> zfs.ko`l2arc_feed_thread                                    8   0.0%
> kernel`userret                                              9   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_gpa2hpa                                           9   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmm_decode_instruction                              11   0.0%
> vmm.ko`ept_vmmmap_get                                      11   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_lapic                                            11   0.0%
> kernel`spinlock_enter                                      14   0.0%
> kernel`__mtx_lock_sleep                                    15   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vcpu_set_state                                      16   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vm_nmi_pending                                      16   0.0%
> kernel`malloc_type_zone_**allocated                          16   0.0%
> kernel`devfs_ioctl_f                                       16   0.0%
> kernel`pmap_kextract                                       17   0.0%
> kernel`sys_ioctl                                           18   0.0%
> kernel`malloc                                              21   0.0%
> kernel`cpu_fetch_syscall_args                              24   0.0%
> kernel`uma_zfree_arg                                       28   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_pending_intr                                 29   0.0%
> kernel`trap                                                30   0.0%
> kernel`hpet_get_timecount                                  31   0.0%
> dtrace.ko`dtrace_trap                                      35   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_update_ppr                                   39   0.0%
> vmm.ko`vmmdev_ioctl                                        40   0.0%
> kernel`copyout                                             43   0.0%
> kernel`critical_enter                                      44   0.0%
> kernel`copyin                                              51   0.1%
> vmm.ko`vmcs_read                                           53   0.1%
> kernel`fpusave                                             61   0.1%
> kernel`uma_zalloc_arg                                      62   0.1%
> kernel`devvn_refthread                                     69   0.1%
> kernel`atomic_load_acq_int                                 70   0.1%
> kernel`fpurestore                                          70   0.1%
> vmm.ko`vlapic_timer_tick                                   75   0.1%
> kernel`amd64_syscall                                       77   0.1%
> kernel`bcopy                                               91   0.1%
> kernel`fpudna                                             103   0.1%
> kernel`free                                               103   0.1%
> kernel`critical_exit                                      105   0.1%
> kernel`dev_relthread                                      108   0.1%
> kernel`spinlock_exit                                      119   0.1%
> kernel`kern_ioctl                                         138   0.1%
> kernel`fpuexit                                            242   0.3%
> kernel`0xffffffff80                                       306   0.3%
> vmm.ko`restore_host_msrs                                  398   0.4%
> vmm.ko`vm_run                                             428   0.4%
> vmm.ko`restore_guest_msrs                                 433   0.5%
> kernel`cpu_idle                                           906   1.0%
> vmm.ko`vmx_run                                           9266   9.7%
> kernel`acpi_cpu_c1                                      81134  85.2%
>
> Hope this helps, let me know if you have any ideas on what to try next.
>
>
Could you try the following command to get vcpu stats?
sudo bhyvectl --vm=vm1 --get-stats --cpu=0
sudo bhyvectl --vm=vm1 --get-stats --cpu=1

best
Neel


> Dan
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, Dan Mack wrote:
>
>  On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Peter Grehan wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Dan,
>>>
>>>  Any ideas?
>>>>
>>>
>>> Just to confirm: your host system is an i7 3930k, which looks like a 6
>>> core system. Should be plenty beefy enough for a 2 vCPU guest.
>>>
>>
>> That's what I thought, 6 cores, 12 threads, 64 GB RAM.
>>
>>  The issue you are seeing looks a bit like what happens when systems are
>>> heavily oversubscribed and vCPUs can't get enough run time.
>>>
>>
>> I was running in on an idle system; only bhyve was running.
>>
>>
>>  How much spare RAM is on the host when you started the vm ? Also, is
>>> there much running on the host when the guest is started ?
>>>
>>
>> 64GB
>>
>> Here's some more information (sorry for the formatting):
>>
>> Case 1:  single vCPU via:
>> root 64112    1.3  0.0 4219232 25588  1  D+    2:09PM     0:02.47
>> /usr/sbin/bhyve -c 1 -m 4096 -AI -H -P -g 0 -s 0:0,hostbridge -s
>> 1:0,virtio-net,tap0 -s 2:0,virtio-blk,./diskdev -S 31,uart,stdio coco
>>
>> Top shows it idle (note low load, 4GB memory given to guest, still 53GB
>> free RAM, nothing else clocking CPU cycles):
>>
>> root@olive:~ # top -bH
>> last pid: 64148;  load averages:  0.03,  0.22,  0.22  up 0+16:29:31
>> 14:11:51
>> 24 processes:  1 running, 23 sleeping
>>
>> Mem: 32M Active, 50M Inact, 8498M Wired, 504K Cache, 53G Free
>> ARC: 778M Total, 146M MFU, 390M MRU, 16K Anon, 16M Header, 226M Other
>> Swap:
>>
>>
>>  PID USERNAME   PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
>> 64112 root        20    0  4120M 25980K vmidle  2   0:03  0.00%
>> bhyve{coco vcpu 0}
>>  925 root        20    0 14296K  2044K select 11   0:00  0.00% syslogd
>> 2695 root        20    0 81452K  6952K select  2   0:00  0.00% sshd
>> 2697 root        20    0 20224K  4632K ttyin   1   0:00  0.00% csh
>> 64112 root        52    0  4120M 25980K kqread  9   0:00  0.00%
>> bhyve{coco mevent}
>>
>>
>> So, case #1 all is normal.  I was able to build a kernel with very good
>> performance.
>>
>> The boot sequence looks like the following:
>>
>> root@olive:/vms/coco # ./vmrun.sh coco
>> Launching virtual machine "coco" ...
>> Consoles: userboot
>>
>> FreeBSD/amd64 User boot, Revision 1.1
>> (r...@olive.example.com, Thu Mar 28 21:20:49 CDT 2013)
>> Loading /boot/defaults/loader.conf /boot/kernel/kernel text=0x5a2178
>> data=0x98088+0xef8b0 syms=[0x8+0xca8d8+0x8+**0x12bb08]
>> /
>>  ______               ____   _____ _____
>> |  ____|             |  _ \ / ____|  __ \
>> | |___ _ __ ___  ___ | |_) | (___ | |  | |
>> |  ___| '__/ _ \/ _ \|  _ < \___ \| |  | |
>> | |   | | |  __/  __/| |_) |____) | |__| |
>> | |   | | |    |    ||     |      |      |
>> |_|   |_|  \___|\___||____/|_____/|_____/    ```                        `
>>                                             s` `.....---.......--.```   -/
>> +------------Welcome to FreeBSD-----------+ +o   .--`         /y:`      +.
>> |                                         |  yo`:.            :o      `+-
>> |  1. Boot Multi User [Enter]             |   y/               -/`   -o/
>> |  2. Boot [S]ingle User                  |  .-                  ::/sy+:.
>> |  3. [Esc]ape to loader prompt           |  /                     `--  /
>> |  4. Reboot                              | `:                          :`
>> |                                         | `:                          :`
>> |  Options:                               |  /                          /
>> |  5. Configure Boot [O]ptions...         |  .-                        -.
>> |                                         |   --                      -.
>> |                                         |    `:`                  `:`
>> |                                         |      .--             `--.
>> |                                         |         .---.....----.
>> +-----------------------------**------------+
>>
>>
>> Booting...
>> Copyright (c) 1992-2013 The FreeBSD Project.
>> Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
>>         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
>> FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
>> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248859: Thu Mar 28 19:52:06 CDT 2013
>>    r...@cocopuff.example.com:/**sys/amd64/compile/BHYVE amd64
>> FreeBSD clang version 3.2 (tags/RELEASE_32/final 170710) 20121221
>> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (3199.84-MHz K8-class CPU)
>>  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x206d7  Family = 0x6  Model = 0x2d
>>  Stepping = 7
>>  Features=0x8fa3ab7f<FPU,VME,**DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,CX8,APIC,**
>> SEP,PGE,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,DTS,**MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,PBE>
>>  Features2=0x83bee217<SSE3,**PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,DS_CPL,SSSE3,**
>> CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,DCA,SSE4.**1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,TSCDLT,**AESNI,HV>
>>  AMD Features=0x2c100800<SYSCALL,**NX,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
>>  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
>>  TSC: P-state invariant
>> real memory  = 5368709120 (5120 MB)
>> avail memory = 3957534720 (3774 MB)
>> Event timer "LAPIC" quality 400
>> ACPI APIC Table: <BHYVE  BVMADT  >
>> random device not loaded; using insecure entropy
>> ioapic0: Changing APIC ID to 1
>> ioapic0 <Version 1.1> irqs 0-16 on motherboard
>> kbd0 at kbdmux0
>> acpi0: <BHYVE BVXSDT> on motherboard
>> atrtc0: <AT realtime clock> port 0x70-0x71,0x72-0x77 irq 8 on acpi0
>> Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
>> Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 900
>> acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi0
>> pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
>> pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
>> pcib0: no PRT entry for 0.31.INTA
>> virtio_pci0: <VirtIO PCI Network adapter> port 0x2000-0x201f mem
>> 0xc0000000-0xc0001fff at device 1.0 on pci0
>> vtnet0: <VirtIO Networking Adapter> on virtio_pci0
>> virtio_pci0: host features: 0x18020 <Status,MrgRxBuf,MacAddress>
>> virtio_pci0: negotiated features: 0x18020 <Status,MrgRxBuf,MacAddress>
>> vtnet0: Ethernet address: 00:a0:98:ac:0d:df
>> virtio_pci1: <VirtIO PCI Block adapter> port 0x2040-0x207f mem
>> 0xc0002000-0xc0003fff at device 2.0 on pci0
>> vtblk0: <VirtIO Block Adapter> on virtio_pci1
>> virtio_pci1: host features: 0x10000004 <RingIndirect,MaxNumSegs>
>> virtio_pci1: negotiated features: 0x10000004 <RingIndirect,MaxNumSegs>
>> vtblk0: 8192MB (16777216 512 byte sectors)
>> uart2: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 at device 31.0 on pci0
>> uart2: console (9600,n,8,1)
>> Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 1599917752 Hz quality 1000
>> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/vtbd0p2 [rw]...
>> Setting hostuuid: d4e0b8a0-97c6-11e2-b4c8-**00a098ac0ddf.
>> Setting hostid: 0x24bfd025.
>> Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_point kickstart.
>> Starting file system checks:
>> /dev/vtbd0p2: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
>> /dev/vtbd0p2: clean, 610778 free (14298 frags, 74560 blocks, 0.7%
>> fragmentation)
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> Mounting local file systems:.
>> Writing entropy file:.
>> Setting hostname: cocopuff.example.com.
>> vtnet0: link state changed to UP
>> Starting Network: lo0 vtnet0.
>> lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,**RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
>>         options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,**RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
>>         inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
>>         inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
>>         inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
>>         nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_**LINKLOCAL>
>> vtnet0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,**RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,**MULTICAST>
>> metric 0 mtu 1500
>>         options=80028<VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_**MTU,LINKSTATE>
>>         ether 00:a0:98:ac:0d:df
>>         inet 172.22.222.230 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 172.22.255.255
>>         inet6 fe80::2a0:98ff:feac:ddf%vtnet0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
>>         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,**IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
>>         media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
>>         status: active
>> Starting devd.
>> add net default: gateway 172.22.22.252
>> add net ::ffff:0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
>> add net ::0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
>> add net fe80::: gateway ::1
>> add net ff02::: gateway ::1
>> ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib
>> 32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32
>> Creating and/or trimming log files.
>> Starting syslogd.
>> Clearing /tmp (X related).
>> Updating motd:.
>> Performing sanity check on sshd configuration.
>> Starting sshd.
>> Starting cron.
>> Starting background file system checks in 60 seconds.
>>
>> Fri Mar 29 14:09:20 CDT 2013
>>
>> FreeBSD/amd64 (cocopuff.example.com) (console)
>>
>> login:
>>
>>
>> ====== Next, boot the same image with two (2) vCPU:
>>
>> Command run by vmrun.sh:
>>
>> root 64163  182.5  0.1 4219360 48968  1  R+    2:16PM     1:10.42
>> /usr/sbin/bhyve -c 2 -m 4096 -AI -H -P -g 0 -s 0:0,hostbridge -s
>> 1:0,virtio-net,tap0 -s 2:0,virtio-blk,./diskdev -S 31,uart,stdio coco
>>
>> Top shows it running out of control:
>>
>> root@olive:~ # top -bH
>> last pid: 64191;  load averages:  1.45,  0.52,  0.31  up 0+16:35:12
>> 14:17:32
>> 25 processes:  3 running, 22 sleeping
>>
>> Mem: 32M Active, 50M Inact, 9016M Wired, 504K Cache, 53G Free
>> ARC: 1293M Total, 370M MFU, 671M MRU, 8208K Anon, 17M Header, 227M Other
>> Swap:
>>
>>
>>  PID USERNAME   PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
>> 64163 root       102    0  4120M   120M CPU2    2   1:01 100.00%
>> bhyve{coco vcpu 1}
>> 64163 root       102    0  4120M   120M CPU8    8   1:03 94.48%
>> bhyve{coco vcpu 0}
>> 15751 root        20    0 81452K  7092K select  5   0:00  0.00% sshd
>>  807 root        20    0 13112K  4812K select  5   0:00  0.00% devd
>>  925 root        20    0 14296K  2044K select  9   0:00  0.00% syslogd
>> 1031 root        20    0 16380K  2400K nanslp 10   0:00  0.00% cron
>> 2695 root        20    0 81452K  6952K select  2   0:00  0.00% sshd
>> 2697 root        20    0 20224K  4632K ttyin   1   0:00  0.00% csh
>> 64163 root        52    0  4120M   120M kqread  5   0:00  0.00%
>> bhyve{coco mevent}
>> 15753 root        20    0 20224K  4580K pause   1   0:00  0.00% csh
>>
>> Even though, it's just sitting at the login prompt:
>>
>> root@olive:/vms/coco # ./vmrun.sh coco
>> Launching virtual machine "coco" ...
>> Consoles: userboot
>>
>> FreeBSD/amd64 User boot, Revision 1.1
>> (r...@olive.example.com, Thu Mar 28 21:20:49 CDT 2013)
>> Loading /boot/defaults/loader.conf /boot/kernel/kernel text=0x5a2178
>> data=0x98088+0xef8b0 syms=[0x8+0xca8d8+0x8+**0x12bb08]
>> /
>>  ______               ____   _____ _____
>> |  ____|             |  _ \ / ____|  __ \
>> | |___ _ __ ___  ___ | |_) | (___ | |  | |
>> |  ___| '__/ _ \/ _ \|  _ < \___ \| |  | |
>> | |   | | |  __/  __/| |_) |____) | |__| |
>> | |   | | |    |    ||     |      |      |
>> |_|   |_|  \___|\___||____/|_____/|_____/    ```                        `
>>                                             s` `.....---.......--.```   -/
>> +------------Welcome to FreeBSD-----------+ +o   .--`         /y:`      +.
>> |                                         |  yo`:.            :o      `+-
>> |  1. Boot Multi User [Enter]             |   y/               -/`   -o/
>> |  2. Boot [S]ingle User                  |  .-                  ::/sy+:.
>> |  3. [Esc]ape to loader prompt           |  /                     `--  /
>> |  4. Reboot                              | `:                          :`
>> |                                         | `:                          :`
>> |  Options:                               |  /                          /
>> |  5. Configure Boot [O]ptions...         |  .-                        -.
>> |                                         |   --                      -.
>> |                                         |    `:`                  `:`
>> |                                         |      .--             `--.
>> |                                         |         .---.....----.
>> +-----------------------------**------------+
>>
>>
>> Booting...
>> Copyright (c) 1992-2013 The FreeBSD Project.
>> Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
>>         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
>> FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
>> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248859: Thu Mar 28 19:52:06 CDT 2013
>>    r...@cocopuff.example.com:/**sys/amd64/compile/BHYVE amd64
>> FreeBSD clang version 3.2 (tags/RELEASE_32/final 170710) 20121221
>> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (3199.82-MHz K8-class CPU)
>>  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x206d7  Family = 0x6  Model = 0x2d
>>  Stepping = 7
>>  Features=0x8fa3ab7f<FPU,VME,**DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,CX8,APIC,**
>> SEP,PGE,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,DTS,**MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,PBE>
>>  Features2=0x83bee217<SSE3,**PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,DS_CPL,SSSE3,**
>> CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,DCA,SSE4.**1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,TSCDLT,**AESNI,HV>
>>  AMD Features=0x2c100800<SYSCALL,**NX,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
>>  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
>>  TSC: P-state invariant
>> real memory  = 5368709120 (5120 MB)
>> avail memory = 3957534720 (3774 MB)
>> Event timer "LAPIC" quality 400
>> ACPI APIC Table: <BHYVE  BVMADT  >
>> FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
>> FreeBSD/SMP: 2 package(s) x 1 core(s)
>> cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
>> cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
>> random device not loaded; using insecure entropy
>> ioapic0: Changing APIC ID to 2
>> ioapic0 <Version 1.1> irqs 0-16 on motherboard
>> kbd0 at kbdmux0
>> acpi0: <BHYVE BVXSDT> on motherboard
>> atrtc0: <AT realtime clock> port 0x70-0x71,0x72-0x77 irq 8 on acpi0
>> Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
>> Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 900
>> acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi0
>> pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
>> pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
>> pcib0: no PRT entry for 0.31.INTA
>> virtio_pci0: <VirtIO PCI Network adapter> port 0x2000-0x201f mem
>> 0xc0000000-0xc0001fff at device 1.0 on pci0
>> vtnet0: <VirtIO Networking Adapter> on virtio_pci0
>> virtio_pci0: host features: 0x18020 <Status,MrgRxBuf,MacAddress>
>> virtio_pci0: negotiated features: 0x18020 <Status,MrgRxBuf,MacAddress>
>> vtnet0: Ethernet address: 00:a0:98:ac:0d:df
>> virtio_pci1: <VirtIO PCI Block adapter> port 0x2040-0x207f mem
>> 0xc0002000-0xc0003fff at device 2.0 on pci0
>> vtblk0: <VirtIO Block Adapter> on virtio_pci1
>> virtio_pci1: host features: 0x10000004 <RingIndirect,MaxNumSegs>
>> virtio_pci1: negotiated features: 0x10000004 <RingIndirect,MaxNumSegs>
>> vtblk0: 8192MB (16777216 512 byte sectors)
>> uart2: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 at device 31.0 on pci0
>> uart2: console (9600,n,8,1)
>> Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
>> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/vtbd0p2 [rw]...
>> Setting hostuuid: d4e0b8a0-97c6-11e2-b4c8-**00a098ac0ddf.
>> Setting hostid: 0x24bfd025.
>> Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_point kickstart.
>> Starting file system checks:
>> /dev/vtbd0p2: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
>> /dev/vtbd0p2: clean, 610776 free (14296 frags, 74560 blocks, 0.7%
>> fragmentation)
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> g_handleattr: vtbd0 bio_length 24 len 28 -> EFAULT
>> Mounting local file systems:.
>> Writing entropy file:.
>> Setting hostname: cocopuff.example.com.
>> vtnet0: link state changed to UP
>> Starting Network: lo0 vtnet0.
>> lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,**RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
>>         options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,**RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
>>         inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
>>         inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
>>         inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
>>         nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_**LINKLOCAL>
>> vtnet0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,**RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,**MULTICAST>
>> metric 0 mtu 1500
>>         options=80028<VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_**MTU,LINKSTATE>
>>         ether 00:a0:98:ac:0d:df
>>         inet 172.22.222.230 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 172.22.255.255
>>         inet6 fe80::2a0:98ff:feac:ddf%vtnet0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
>>         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,**IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
>>         media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
>>         status: active
>> Starting devd.
>> add net default: gateway 172.22.22.252
>> add net ::ffff:0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
>> add net ::0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
>> add net fe80::: gateway ::1
>> add net ff02::: gateway ::1
>> ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib
>> 32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32
>> Creating and/or trimming log files.
>> Starting syslogd.
>> syslogd: timed out waiting for child
>> /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start syslogd
>> Clearing /tmp (X related).
>> Updating motd:.
>> Performing sanity check on sshd configuration.
>> Starting sshd.
>> Starting cron.
>> Starting background file system checks in 60 seconds.
>>
>> Thu Apr 18 02:06:43 CDT 2013
>>
>> FreeBSD/amd64 (cocopuff.example.com) (console)
>>
>> login:
>>
>>
>> ========== end of boot sequence
>>
>> So, something is broken with SMP on the guest, I'd be happy to help just
>> let me know.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> freebsd-virtualization@**freebsd.org 
>> <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>mailing list
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/**mailman/listinfo/freebsd-**virtualization<http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-virtualization>
>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-virtualization-**
>> unsubscr...@freebsd.org <freebsd-virtualization-unsubscr...@freebsd.org>"
>>
>>  ______________________________**_________________
> freebsd-virtualization@**freebsd.org 
> <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/**mailman/listinfo/freebsd-**virtualization<http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-virtualization>
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-virtualization-**
> unsubscr...@freebsd.org <freebsd-virtualization-unsubscr...@freebsd.org>"
>
_______________________________________________
freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-virtualization
To unsubscribe, send any mail to 
"freebsd-virtualization-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"

Reply via email to