On Monday 22 July 2013 21:01:31 Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Well I'm worried about _other_ stuff causing issues here.
>
> So - what's the "right" behaviour? Does vnet/vimage make the
> assumption that for all the mbuf processing/free operations, the vnet
> tag/state is set?

To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing vnet-specific in any of the
mbuf-handling routines, i.e. they should all work fine on a VIMAGE kernel
even if curvnet isn't set.

My original motivation behind keeping separate UMA zones for each vnet was
solely to capture resource leaks between vnets in the early days of VIMAGE
prototyping.  Nothing prevents a single UMA zone to be shared by multiple
vnets, unless we want to enforce per-vnet limitations on the number of
items in a zone.

Marko