On Wed, September 11, 2013 4:11 pm, Peter Grehan wrote:
[...]
>   Yes, that would be it. The RVI support has been there in CPUs for
> quite a long time now - it would be hard to find a recent AMD CPU
> that doesn't have it.

[DN:]
>> Or is bhyve using a different feature of some AMD processors?

[PG:]
>   No, that's the main one.

[DN:]
When you say that that's the "main" one, do you mean that there are
also other features that an AMD processor must have, besides RVI, to
be compatible with bhyve, but that might be absent in some AMD
processors with RVI?  If so, what other features should I look for?

(I'm now shopping around for dedicated server hosting for a
forthcoming demo of the possible bhyve front end I mentioned
earlier.  To that end, I need to find an otherwise inexpensive
server with a processor on which bhyve can run.)