--On 18 September 2013 14:50 +0000 "Abhishek Gupta (LIS)" <abgu...@microsoft.com> wrote:

Thanks again Karl! Yes, it should work. My understanding is that the
failover should be agnostic to the guest OS but there could be some
integration component that we might have missed. So it would be good to
get to the bottom of this.

Ok, I've repeated the test twice now - and it's succeeded both times, so it looks likely the Synology patch did 'something' that had a knock on effect for this.

fwiw/incase anyone else hit this - our test setup comprises of a pair of D412+ NAS's (active/passive) and they're now running DSM v4.3-3776-1 (which was apparently released in the last few days) - so far (fingers crossed) this appears to be working for us now.

I'll be re-testing it probably multiple times over the next few days - if I hit any other issues - I'll let you know, and thanks again,

Regards,

-Karl