Firstly I'd like to say thank you for those involved in the bhyve project. It has come a long way in a short amount of time, and I'm staying on top of the changes as much as possible. I've been running jails since forever and this new VM, native to FreeBSD, has impressed me.

I've been testing out bhyve on a dual X5570/50GB memory. I have no problem running FreeBSD 9.2, 10.0-BETA2, 11.0-CURRENT and FreeNAS (during my testing I've run 6 in total, with load on each guest and I've had no problems).

The host machine is 10.0-BETA3, standard install and no changes to the BSD installation.

I'm trying to run guests outside of the BSD spectrum (grub installed, everything needed should be installed). I've tried OpenBSD as well as Ubuntu thus far - the results are the same.

        The error I'm getting is:

VM unrestricted guest capability required
Error in initializing VM

I'm using the bhyve-script.tar scripts and following the instructions for each host. I've been in and out of BIOS many times and I can't seem to find any setting that would cause this.

According to ark.intel.com, the processor supports VT-x, EPT, etc (http://ark.intel.com/products/spec/SLBF3).

I'm open to suggestions, the only thing I can think of is a) I'm doing something wrong, b) the CPU does not support what I'm trying to do or c) this is an unknown problem that there may be a fix for in the future.

        Thanks

        Scott