On Dec 2, 2013, at 16:08 , Peter Grehan <gre...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
>> I just read through http://bhyve.org/bhyve-manual.txt, and one thing
>> that doesn’t seem to be supported (or, I’ve missed it) is HeadLess
>> support … I get the impression that using this on a remote server
>> isn’t currently possible, or am I missing something in the docs?
>
> It is. The easiest is using the recent change (r258668) which allows
> bhyveload and bhyve to direct output to a tty instead of just stdio.

‘k, that would work … so *if* I’m reading the docs right, the intiial build of
the file system / install of guest OS, happens on an interactive remote ssh
session, then I’d shutdown and restart it redirecting output … ?

I’m plannin gon building a 10.x system over Christmas to start playing with
this, just trying to do as much research as possible before …

thx