Hi Marc,

How about disk size?   The Instructions for vmrun.sh state:

==== 6. Select default console type "vt100" or whatever is
appropriate for you Install on disk device vtbd0 (appears as a 8GB
disk device) At the end select "yes" when the "Manual Configuration"
box appears. ====

I’m assuming that I can change that default, but, if let’s say I
stick with 8G to start, but decide I want to make it bigger later …
is there an ability to ‘growfs’ the file system?  Or do I build a
bigger system, rsync hte files from old to new and ditch the old?  or
… ?

Standard tools - truncate(8) on the host to extend the disk image file, and then growfs/gpart in the guest to use the extra space.