Hi,

Interest?  Yes!  Matter of fact, I have some scraps of 8259 support lying
around here if you are keen to have a starting point.

Now with respect to bhyveload, while it certainly does have some
FreeBSD-specific uses, it is a bit of a barrier to supporting non-FreeBSD
guests and furthermore supporting them well e.g. reboot without bhyve exiting.
If 'true' support existed for booting from an iso, then with a quick 'mkisofs'
you could achieve the same kernel-to-VM turnaround without bhyveload.

Tycho