Yes there is always a time drift on a guest/instance... in specialized
cases it makes sense to modify the instance by requiring it run ntpd....
but if it is general purpose and for general "public" (whatever that means
in your context) instances it is likely to turn people away to know that
they are required to take a Red Pill.