Hi Steve,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 8.4 in bhyve, but running into some issues.
Sysinstall doesn't seem to like the disk. In the partition editor, I get:

Disk name:      vtbd1                                  FDISK Partition Editor
DISK Geometry:  0 cyls/0 heads/0 sectors = 0 sectors (0MB)

Offset       Size(ST)        End     Name  PType       Desc  Subtype    Flags

          0  209715200  209715199        -     12     unused        0

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The bhyve virtio-block backend doesn't report c/h/s geometry, which is required by the 8.4 installer. You can work around this by using the 'G' command to enter a fake geometry that will give the size of the device.

This is using the 8.4 Release disc1 iso on
11-CURRENT r264056. I'm using virtio-blk for both the cd and hd. Should this be
working?

Not cleanly :( I have an 8.4/i386 disk image so I managed to get through it at one point: can't remember what the workarounds were though. Think I did a network install with the minimal ISO.

later,

Peter.