Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Roman,
>
> I have been reading your blog posts on using libvirt + bhyve
> here:
>
> http://empt1e.blogspot.com/
>
> and the libvirt bhyve documentation here:
> http://libvirt.org/drvbhyve.html
>
> but am having problems reproducing the steps.
>
> I have a machine running:
> FreeBSD  11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #6 r266934M: Sat May 31
> 20:24:37 PDT 2014
> r...@crodrigues.org:/usr/obj/opt2/branches/head/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>

> I applied the following patches to the devel/libvirt port to fix
> compilation problems for bhyve support:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2014-June/002586.html
>
> I then did the following:
>
> BUILD AND CONFIGURE
> ===================
> cd /usr/ports/devel/libport
> make config
> (I made sure bhyve and QEMU support were enabled
> make
> make install
>

> LIBVIRT CONFIG
> ==============
>
> I created the following /tmp/bhyve.xml file:
>

> <domain type='bhyve'>
>   <name>bhyve</name>
>   <uuid>df3be7e7-a104-11e3-aeb0-50e5492bd3dc</uuid>
>     <memory>219136</memory>
>     <currentMemory>219136</currentMemory>
>     <vcpu>1</vcpu>
>     <os>
>        <type>hvm</type>
>     </os>
>     <features>
>       <apic/>
>       <acpi/>
>     </features>
>     <clock offset='utc'/>
>     <devices>
>       <disk type='file'>
>         <driver name='file' type='raw'/>
>         <source file='/tmp/some_disk.img'/>
>         <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
>       </disk>
>       <interface type='bridge'>
>         <model type='virtio'/>
>         <source bridge="virbr0"/>
>       </interface>
>     </devices>
> </domain>
>

> RUNNING
> ========
>
> I did the following as root:
>
> service libvirtd restart
> virsh -c 'bhyve:///system'
>
> Then I ran these commands from the virsh prompt:
>
> virsh # define /tmp/bhyve.xml
> Domain bhyve defined from /tmp/bhyve.xml
>
> virsh # start bhyve
> error: Failed to start domain bhyve
> error: End of file while reading data: Input/output error
> error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
>

> At this point libvirtd process crashed with a /libvirtd.core process ,
> but for some reason I could not get a valid stacktrace.
>
> Can you provide assistance to get this working?
>
> Ultimately, I want to get the Jenkins libvirt plugin (
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Libvirt+Slaves+Plugin )
> to work.

> [...]

Hi Craig,

It's a little unfortunate that there's no stacktrace, though we can try
to see what's going on without it.

Could you please edit libvirtd.conf (should be something like
/usr/local/etc/libvirtd.conf if installed from port) to add:

log_level = 2

then run libvirtd by hand in foreground:

# libvirtd

and then try to start the domain again and post a couple of lines it
prints before crashing?

Thanks,

Roman Bogorodskiy