On 2014-08-19 11:50, John Nielsen wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2014, at 9:40 AM, Roman Bogorodskiy <no...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>>  Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>>
>>> Roman,
>>>
>>> I am using libvirt and bhyve according to this XML:
>>> http://libvirt.org/drvbhyve.html
>>> and it works great.
>>> I gave a presentation at BAFUG on this:
>>> http://www.slideshare.net/CraigRodrigues1/libvirt-bhyve
>>>
>>> I have one question.  If I reboot the bhyve VM started with libvirt
>>> with "shutdown -r now",
>>> the VM shuts down, but it does not restart.
>>>
>>> How can I get the machine to reboot with "shutdown -r now" when
>>> started with libvirt?
>>
>> Hi Craig,
>>
>> Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get the reboot working. Moreover, I
>> get the same behaviour when starting bhyve manually -- when I do a
>> reboot, bhyve(8) exits as soon as the system is ready to restart.
>>
>> So looks like that's a default bhyve behaviour or I'm missing something?
>
> Wasn't changing this the intention of r267216 (MFCed as r270071)?
>
> Roman, was your 10-STABLE built after that revision?
>
> JN

Yes, this revision adds the ability to 'reboot'. This does not exit
bhyve at all, so there is no exit level

You can 'reboot' a bhyve externally using:
bhyvectl --force-reset --vm=xxx

or force a poweroff with: bhyvectl --force-reset --vm=xxx

SIGTERM simulates an ACPI shutdown

the bhyvectl --destroy is to clean up, the instance remains even after a
clean shutdown. In the past, it had to be destroyed and recreated to
start the VM again, although now with reboot support, that may not be
required.

--
Allan Jude