On 5/2/15 10:04 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
When I drop 'console=com1' from 'xen_cmdline', I cannot even see a login
>>screen. All I can see is a black screen with a white cursor.

im not running X

Please clarify: Are you not getting a FreeBSD login prompt on a hardware console or are you trying to connect to the FreeBSD host over a serial connection. If the prior, do make sure you are using the specified host and port SVN versions, you may simply need to wait for the FreeBSD prompt to appear after the FreeBSD kernel messages have completed (though not visibly). If the latter, do include console="comconsole" in /boot/loader.conf

Michael Dexter