Hi Manas,

Please see the attached file. I am running FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p9. I am
running into an error while trying to install Debian 8 as a Bhyve guest.
The error occurs at the step of creating the partitions on the disk. Any
fix or workaround is welcome.

  Would you be able to post your grub2 and bhyve configs/command lines ?
grub-bhyve -m device.map -r cd0 -M 1024M apurva-debian64

bhyve -AI -H -P -s 0:0,hostbridge -s 1:0,lpc -s 2:0,virtio-net,tap0 -s
3:0,virtio-blk,./apurva-debian64.img -s
4:0,ahci-cd,./debian-8.0.0-amd64-BD-1.iso -l com1,stdio -c 1 -m 1024M

These are the lines I used.

 Thanks for that.

I get the same panic on CURRENT when selecting 'Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM' :(

A workaround is to select 'Guided - use entire disk' with virtio-blk, or use ahci-hd for the disk controller which does allow the LVM install.