On 23/06/2015 11:05, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 23/06/2015 10:26, Neel Natu wrote:
[snip]
>> Does this ever happen with a single vcpu guest?
>
> Never seen the problem with a single CPU so far.
> Also, never had that problem with FreeBSD guests.
>
>> The other mystery is the NMIs the host is receiving. I (re)verified to
>> make sure that bhyve/vmm.ko do not assert NMIs so it has to be
>> something else on the host that's doing it ...
>
> But the correlation with the multi-CPU non-FreeBSD guests seems to be
> significant.

Today I've got another NMI with a Linux guest, but a few things were different:
- the host was fresh after a reboot
- the guest was single CPU
- the NMI happened during boot up of the very first VM

kernel: NMI ISA 2c, EISA ff
kernel: NMI ... going to debugger

Not what causes those NMIs but when they happen they always happen during a
bhyve guest boot...

--
Andriy Gapon