On 2015-07-28 21:10, Benjamin Perrault wrote:
On Jul 28, 2015, at 6:55 PM, Larry Rosenman <l...@lerctr.org> wrote:

On 2015-07-28 20:44, Michael Dexter wrote:
On 7/28/15 1:17 PM, Kegan Myers wrote:
Make sure you have permissions. Docker isn't good at figuring out that you
need sudo or other permissions to talk to the socket.
Also, do make sure you are using a recent version of 11 CURRENT or a
10.2 BETA/RC. I do not know what errors will be thrown by older
versions of FreeBSD with Linux images, though they will support
FreeBSD images with some risk of ABI mismatch.
Michael

I'm running absolutely top of tree.

borg.lerctr.org /home/ler $ sudo -s
Password:
borg.lerctr.org /home/ler # docker info
Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.19/info: EOF. Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
borg.lerctr.org /home/ler # ps auxw|grep docker
root 867 0.0 0.0 14412 2220 - Is 16:48 0:00.00 daemon: /usr/local/bin/docker[868] (daemon) root 868 0.0 0.0 38628 16116 - S 16:48 0:12.21 /usr/local/bin/docker -d -e jail -s zfs -g /usr/docker -D root 3544 0.0 0.0 18772 2548 0 S+ 20:54 0:00.00 grep docker
borg.lerctr.org /home/ler # uname -aKU
FreeBSD borg.lerctr.org 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #29 r285983: Tue Jul 28 16:15:05 CDT 2015 r...@borg.lerctr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VT-LER amd64 1100077 1100077
borg.lerctr.org /home/ler #

borg.lerctr.org /home/ler # pkg info docker-freebsd
docker-freebsd-20150625
Name           : docker-freebsd
Version        : 20150625
Installed on   : Wed Jul 22 11:17:21 CDT 2015
Origin         : sysutils/docker-freebsd
Architecture   : freebsd:11:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : sysutils
Licenses       : APACHE20
Maintainer     : kmo...@freebsd.org
WWW            : https://github.com/kvasdopil/docker
Comment        : Docker containment system
Annotations    :
Flat size      : 11.5MiB
Description    :
Docker is an open source project to pack, ship and run any
application as a lightweight container.

Docker containers are both hardware-agnostic and platform-agnostic.
This means they can run anywhere, from your laptop to the largest
EC2 compute instance and everything in between - and they don't
require you to use a particular language, framework or packaging
system. That makes them great building blocks for deploying and
scaling web apps, databases, and backend services without depending
on a particular stack or provider.

WWW: https://github.com/kvasdopil/docker

borg.lerctr.org /home/ler #
—

~20% of a few customers containers have had issues - from stability to
performance to bizarre behavior - but most of it is rather new stuff
based off CoreOS,  Ubuntu 15.x, Debian 8.1, etc. - with CoreOS showing
issue the most often. These all have VERY recent kernels, so it’s
likely missing ABI functionality in the emulation layer.

With that said - I’ve found that Ubuntu 12/14 LTS and Centos/RHEL 6.x
containers work great. Most Centos 7 ones we’ve tested also seem to be
okay - though later 7/7.1 have show high cpu usage and erratic network
performance. Once I have time, I might delve deeper into it - though
it’s not a huge priority at the moment.

Hopefully that was useful in some capacity.

best,
-bp
@creepingfur
You shouldn’t let poets lie to you.
        - Bjork
i docker info supposed to work from the HOST OS or in the container? I've been trying it from the Host OS.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688