George,

I've had limited success in running Linux guests using UEFI. When using the
NON-CSM firmware, I can manually edit the GRUB menu to force a serial
console to be used.

I can then boot into the install environment and get the distro installed
to the hard disk. After installation is done, I can start the guest with
UEFI firmware again and have a usable OS.
There is a pretty major catch though, after I destroy the guest using
bhyvectl, then try to boot it once more with UEFI, it will fail to boot
correctly (hard drive error, if I recall).

I never got as far as trying it out with the CSM firmware, though.

I've tried this on a few different Linux "flavors" but I have not tried
Arch specifically.

I hope any of this helps!

-Trent