sepherosa_gmail.com added a comment.

  In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5291#112900, @royger wrote:

  > I guess this supersedes https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5254? I would expand
the commit message so that it's explicitly stated why the hypervisor vector
should have a lower priority.

  Oh, I didn't see 5254 at all, thank you for pointing it to me :)

  hyperv interrupt currently only services so called 'external devices' (it's
event timer is not yet used; even if it was used, it would be serviced by the
same IDT vector, so vector priority would not matter).  So we don't want to
delay LAPIC timer interrupt or IPIs, if all three types of interrupt happens at
the same time.

  Its just a POC same as 5254, which is also a POC IMHO, what we really need is
to have a hyperv file reside in kernel and we will need to change
native_lapic_create() in the same way as XEN.

  Well, I think its probably high time to add a hyperv file to always reside in
kernel, since we have a TSC calibration fix will need that too.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5291

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/

To: sepherosa_gmail.com, adrian, delphij, decui_microsoft.com,
honzhan_microsoft.com, howard0su_gmail.com, royger
Cc: freebsd-virtualization-list