Hi,

On 03/01/16 18:43, dweimer wrote:
I am considering setting up a bhyve virtual machine to run pfSense. Not
too thrilled with the CPU heat on the PC Engines APU1D4 when under heavy
load, but don't want to rely entirely on a VM. As I like still having
internet if I would have to take my server offline for disk replacement
or other issues, having web access to search for errors is a big plus.
So in order to avoid spending money on a new piece of hardware I thought
why not do a VM with CARP fail over to the physical. I am not finding
much searching on FreeBSD byhve and CARP, I know its somewhat of an
issue withing VMware on ESX making sure you enable the right options on
the virtual switches and interfaces.

Enable promiscuous mode on the vSwitch
Enable "MAC Address changes"
Enable "Forged transmits"

Before I got started on the setup I was curious if anyone has done
something similar, or know if this isn't possible on bhyve at the
current version? I am running my system currently on 10.3-BETA3.

I am running two postgres VMs with DRBD and not CARP but UCARP which
should be 100% compatible with CARP. Each VM has a tap interface and
each tap is bridged to a bridge interface. There is no need for special
configuration. Everything works as expected.

HTH,
Nikos