Recently upgraded to r297351, once running iovctl -C -f /etc/iovctl.conf
everything appears to work as it should. The main network interface ramains
connected and pinging works fine.

iovctl.conf
PF {
        device : ix1;
        num_vfs : 31;
}

DEFAULT {
        passthrough : true;
}
VF-0 {
        passthrough : false;
}
VF-1 {
        passthrough : false;
}

Once vf's have been initialized, I have found none-passthrough vf's are
unusable.

# devctl attach pci0:129:0:129
devctl: Failed to attach pci0:129:0:129: Input/output error

The dmesg spits out the same error as before, so it appears that the errors
I was mentioning before is actually the none-passthrough vf's attempting to
attach, but fails.

/var/log/messages:
ixv0: <Intel(R) PRO/10GbE Virtual Function Network Driver, Version -
1.4.6-k> at device 0.131 on pci12
ixv0: Using MSIX interrupts with 2 vectors
ixv0: ixgbe_reset_hw() failed with error -100
device_attach: ixv0 attach returned 5
ixv0: <Intel(R) PRO/10GbE Virtual Function Network Driver, Version -
1.4.6-k> at device 0.129 on pci12