Hi Poul-Henning,

With the host now running:

        FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r297514M

And (another) i386 guest running:

        FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #3 r297721M

I do not see the problem.

I'm going to try the 10.1/i386 guest over the weekend.

I've not yet been able to reproduce this. I've tried 2- and 3-vCPU 10.1/i386 guests on an Intel E3-1220 v3 (single and dual virtio-blk disks), and a 2 vCPU guest on an AMD Sempron 3850 APU. Buildworlds with -j set to the number of vCPUs have completed fine.

The Intel system was using file-backed images on ZFS, while the AMD system was on UFS. The guests were UFS. The console was to stdout in a tmux session that was mostly backgrounded.

 Was there anything particular with your buildworld ? (-j settings, etc)

 Also, if the guest looks like it hangs, you can extract the RIPs with
  bhyvectl --get-rip --cpu=0 --vm=<vmname>
  bhyvectl --get-rip --cpu=1 --vm=<vmname>

 This might give a hint as to where the guest is spinning.