On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 07:16:25AM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> > > It seems that my problem was ...
> > >
> > > vm.max_wired=1
> > >
> > > in /boot/loader.conf
> > >
> > > instead of
> > >
> > > vm.max_wired=-1
> >
> > And this also caused the ZFS corruption?
>
> Looks like it to me... Pretty strange.

I thought the max_wired sysctl node only affected the usage of wired memory
by userspace applications, but it may have also prevented ZFS from using
memory.

> Btw. is there any way to boot UEFI Windows partition under Xen?
> (it works fine under bhyve)

You will have to boot it using OVMF, which is not compiled with Xen by
default. I will try to add an OVMF package (like the SeaBIOS one that we
already have), and wire it into the xen-tools package.

If you want to try it yourself, you can add "--enable-ovmf" to the xen-tools
package configure and see what breaks ;).

Roger.