On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 09:24:30AM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> > I got lazy and I have downloaded
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/edk2/files/OVMF/OVMF-X64-r15214.zip/download
> >
> > recompiled xen-tools by adding to xen-tools/Makefile
> >
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-ovmf
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-system-ovmf=/root/xen/OVMF.fd
> >
> > and worked pretty much out of the box.
> Oh, thanks for the info, I didn't know OVMF provided pre-compiled binaries.
> This should make adding a OVMF port trivial. Would you like to take a stab
> at adding such a port and wiring it into the xen-tools package?

As I just found out, there are already submitted
port from Ross McKelvie (CC'd):

This is not only binary firmware - Ross ported also a whole

On my amd64 machine both firmwares (ia32 and x64) can
be used to boot Windows via Xen, so maybe we could
make Xen depend on the ia32 port and use

Would that be possible to commit the port?