Hi Yamagi,

As far as I know UEFI supports ahci-* boot devices only. For the basic
UEFI support without GOP the AHCI devices needed to be mapped on slot 3
and 4. I don't know if that's still the case.

Depends on the o/s being booted - if it needs legacy interrupt support, the only available slots with routing set up are 3/4/5/6.

 UEFI operates in polled-mode so it has no constraints on it's own.

I've got working VNC access to a FreeBSD 10.3 VM. My Windows 7 install
disc starts up, but the mouse is not working. Keystrokes through VNC
give "atkbd data buffer full" errors. I'll open a new thread for that
if I can't figure it out.

XHCI isn't in Windows7 so you can just remove that config line, pushing mouse input through the PS2 mouse.