On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:48:54AM -0700, Michael Dexter wrote:
> On 5/27/16 1:33 AM, Peter Grehan wrote:
> > As of r300829, support for graphic output has been checked into the
> > projects/bhyve_graphics branch...
>
> HUGE thanks to Leon and Peter for making this happen. We all owe them
> our gratitude as with all things bhyve, this is non-trivial code.
>
> There is a dedicated UEFI page on the wiki that would be suitable for
> the FAQ's that are starting to appear on this thread. I will sync it
> with Peter's original message and welcome others to contribute:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve/UEFI
>
> I tested every major GNU/Linux distribution and a few variants and
> Windows up through 2016 TP5. The results have been great but I'm sure
> there are edge cases that need addressing. Please do test this with high
> CPU counts, RAM allocations and anything else you can think of.

I'd like to echo Michael Dexter's appreciation. Peter, Michael, and
everyone else who worked on this: thank you so much.

I've imported the new bhyve code into a feature branch of HardenedBSD.
I'm glad to report that it's working flawlessly, even when compiled with
PIE + RELRO + BIND_NOW.

Here's a little screenshot showing CentOS getting installed:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPKqcVSwcPYxqEmfjXFJaMojL09ltTqmMsj-KXwdVftUL1BQQIfAApJrp8js4OMuQ?key=bG9YOE5ubS0yOEFrdmlqZ0x4eGw4OUFLTDZlUkln

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer

GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE