Hello,

I am trying to setup a pfsense instance under bhyve. Until now i had a
standalone machine for pfsense but it is going away for RMA so i am
trying to replace it with a bhyve instance. The /cf/conf/config.xml file
needs to be copied over to the bhyve instance.

I created the zvol (zfs create -sV 8G "vmpool/os5") and used this zvol
in the bhyve vm. To copy the config.xml, i mounted the zvol on the host
which worked. But I am unable to list the contents of the zvol.

# mount /dev/zvol/vmpool/os5 /mnt/tst

#df

/dev/zvol/vmpool/os5
8106716       6992    7451188     0%    /mnt/tst

#ls -la /mnt/tst

ls: /mnt/tst: Bad file descriptor

How can i access the vm filesystem on the host?

Thanks