Hi Daniel,
 For Intel cards only condition is that in the VM, these devices should
start at function 0 because of PCI enumeration, always starts at function
0. If you want to assign multiple ports to VM, it can be function 0 and any
other function, for example:

Host PCI dev 4/0/1 and 4/0/2 are to be assigned to guest at virtual PCI
slot 10, assignment can be:
4/0/1 -> 10/0
4/0/2 -> 10/1

Regards,