Hi Artur,

if the option 'sectorsize=4096/4096' for the emulated drive specified, the
installation process of "Windows Server 2016" completes the first stage
('Copying Windows files', 'Getting files ready for installation',
'Installing features' etc.) and fails after rebooting to the second stage.

The second stage ends with the following message:
Boot Failed. Windows Boot Manager
Boot Failed. EFI DVD/CDROM
Boot Failed. EFI DVD/CDROM 1
Boot Failed. EFI Hard Drive

I suppose that Windows Boot Manager has problems when booting the 4k
emulated drive.

Does anyone have any idea what can be the cause of this?

I think it may be an issue with the AHCI driver in UEFI not returning the correct block size - will look into it further.

 I did verify that setting 'sectorsize=512/4096' works fine with 2k16.