Group:

I have a problem installing OpenBSD 6.1 as a guest operating system.
I have read this group's archives that suggest using the '-w' switch
to load bhyve.  How do I add this switch to the 'vm install' command?

My computer info:

FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #2 r319609M: Mon Jun  5 17:58:55 EDT 2017
    root@zfs:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG amd64
FreeBSD clang version 4.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_400/final 297347) (based on LLVM
4.0.0)
VT(vga): resolution 640x480
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (3192.15-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin="GenuineIntel"  Id=0x506e3  Family=0x6  Model=0x5e  Stepping=3

Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>

Features2=0x7ffafbff<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,TSCDLT,AESNI,XSAVE,OSXSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND>
  AMD Features=0x2c100800<SYSCALL,NX,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x121<LAHF,ABM,Prefetch>
  Structured Extended
Features=0x29c6fbb<FSGSBASE,TSCADJ,BMI1,HLE,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RTM,NFPUSG,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PROCTRACE>
  XSAVE Features=0xf<XSAVEOPT,XSAVEC,XINUSE,XSAVES>
  VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,UG,VPID
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 17179869184 (16384 MB)
avail memory = 16457211904 (15694 MB)

As you can see, this Intel i5 lists the SDBG capability that it really
doesn't posess and the OpenBSD installer chokes.  Hardened BSD has a
fix that is made to the 'xmsr.c' file in the bhyve program.  Are there
plans to implement this fix to the mainline FreeBSD code or is there
another fix in progress?

Tom

--
Public Keys: